Saturday 6 April 2013

UK Greetings Card Inserts.

One of things stated in this brief was to consider the insert of the cards that would be made and I thought this would be a great opportunity to develop my pattern designs skills that I have started during this module. Because the backgrounds on the front of my cards are quite plain I wanted to insert contrast with a more busy inside that still linked with the theme of the outer design to give a cohesive look. I continued with the colour theme of each card and added a pop of a different tone to lift the design slightly. I drew five relating objects for each occasion and laid them out evenly across the composition. I feel that these backgrounds work really well and carry on the quirky feel. Because the patterns are quite bold even with the muted colour I have decided to add in a tracing paper insert that would lie over the design, this would allow the buyer to write their own message whilst the pattern still being able to be seen underneath.




No comments:

Post a Comment