Tuesday 18 October 2011

Alphabet Soup Typeface Font Manipulation.

After deciding to use typeface 'Taller Evolution' as my existing font to base my letters on I had to some slight manipulation of their structure so it fitted perfectly with my grid that I drew out previously on Adobe Illustrator. I am really pleased with how I has turned out as I don't have a great deal of experience using the programe. It took me a while to get the linear symmetry correct but I think it was worth it for the end result...



I then started applying the letters to this pattern. Some fitted perfectly whilst oters needed adjusting...


After all of this I had completed my entire alphabet. I am really pleased with it's final appearance digitally, although I am interested to see how it works hand rendered and whether any adjustments will need to be made...

No comments:

Post a Comment