- The word 'rapping' has been used in British English since the 16th Century and specifically meaning 'to say' since the 18th.
- Refers to someone who performs spoken or chanted rhyming lyrics.
- Pay can vary from rapping for change on street corners to getting millions of dollars.
- Jay-Z's earnings in 2010 were an estimated $63million.
- Stereotypical hip-hop fashion is established sportswear, bomber jackets and heavy gold chains.
- Rap comes from The Bronx in New York.
- Rappers also earn a lot of money from their merchandise as well as they're music.
- There is more than one technique that rappers use to rhyme.
- Well known rappers include: 2Pac, Notorious, Eminem etc.
We then received the brief...
I think this is going to be a difficult brief for me as I think it will be hard to link my proverb and profession together. Here are some initial ideas that I came up with for this...
Here are some icons that I made quickly on Illustrator. I did them to give a basic idea of what I could do if my design needed it. I like how they are simple yet still puts the idea across...