Tuesday 17 January 2012

Hot Dog Book Practice.

It has taken quite a few attempts to get to my final design.

Initially I experimented with cutting out spaces in my design and to have an alternate colour or pattern show through. I really liked the contrasting pattern but with the double pieces of paper the stock was too thick so I couldn't get clean folds.

I then moved on to experiments with tracing paper and continuing the cut out idea. I really liked the appearance of the paint on this but I didn't like how it looked with plain white paper.

Next I experimented with painting a whole piece of A4 paper I really liked how the colours merged together, an effect I couldn't get with ordinary paper. I then tried to print my design onto this surface, as you can see it didn't go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment