Tuesday 21 February 2012

The Poster Brief Initial Designs.

I have a few rough ideas for this brief, so I thought I'd experiment with a few and see what worked best before I committed.

This is my first idea which I imagined more successful in my head. I wanted to try to convey a silhouette of a landscape through the falling rain and although I quite like the look it is hard to tell what is behind the shapes and also  wanted to depict more of the scene which I don't know how I would go about doing it. I experimented with two different concentrations of line, I thought the first looked to dotty but the second made it harder to depict the outline.

I like the simplicity of this design and the edgy quality. My only concern is that it may look more like a diamond or an icicle. I think it needs more development into a pattern to see how it looks like that to determine it.

I then looked at this falling rain design. At the moment I think it looks too blocky, even though with the added colour variation it does give a lighter appearance. More experimentation could be done with opacity and maybe a longer composition rather than a square.

Here is a quick umbrella that I created, I am pleased with how it has turned out because Illustrator isn't something I am 100% comfortable with and the fact I did it straight from my mind I'm happy with. Colour needs to be added but I will do that later if I decide to use it and have chosen my colour scheme. I could also experiment with different viewpoints and angles.

This design was created because I really think that I'd like to focus my piece on the sound of rain. I am with how it has turned out and I think it has potential. I just need to consider how it will fit within a composition and how it can be incorporated with type.

Carrying on with the music theme I have created this turntable, I'm not sure at the moment how I will incorporate it though. I am happy with how it has turned out but a few adjustments could be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment