I was extremely happy with the feedback that I got today as it was really positive and also gave some really relevant improvements. Seeing how stressed I was not long ago about not liking my designs and changing the look to what I have now, it is reassuring to hear that it was the right choice. One thing that I hadn't considered was changing my front cover design but after reading my feedback this is something I am definitely going to do. I hadn't noticed before that it doesn't fit with the aesthetic of the rest of the publication, but it is now really obvious. I will also experiment with ways of distinguishing my chapters as this is also something that has came up.
- re-design front cover to be more consistent with the rest of the publication
- experiment with different coloured chapters and other ways to distinguish them
- look at page numbers
- check 'widows'
Common group feedback:
- good research
- contents pages
- page numbers
- basic type skills - hyphenation, widows, hierarchies
- proof reading - americanisms, spell check
- line spacing
- less words
- no long explanations
- 4 lines maximum
- describe format and placement