Tuesday 6 November 2012

Design for Print Title Designs.

I have started designing some cover ideas for my publication. I initially drew them out as it is something I need to improve on as I usually go straight to the computer. I experimented with different compositions. styles and typefaces. I then chose my two favourites and transferred them to Illustrator, I found this to be a lot easier because I'd already done the first step. I looked at them as a linear and block tone style and I felt the block would be better for incorporating different colours. The colour overlay was something that I really liked from the workshops so I wanted to incorporate into these designs. I found that different placements of the colour worked better than others as they were more legible. Overall the top left design with the majority yellow was what I found the strongest and is the one I will move forward with.


Drawings




Digital





Colour Variations




No comments:

Post a Comment