Tuesday 6 March 2012

What Is A Line? Initial Illustrations.

For these illustrations I was inspired strongly by the initial research images I found. I want them to be quite simple so the focus is mostly on the appearance of the stripes. Through the imagery I would like to demonstrate the different variations of stripes in the animal kingdom.
I initially started with with the lemur by tracing an image I had found and filling it in using a greyscale colour scheme. I think this initial image will need re-working before it is suitable to be used as a pattern. With this in mind I continued with my other animals, sticking this time with just black and white as I felt it gave the lines and stripes more impact. I also tried to keep them quite simple so that when used as a repeat they will still look clear and convey the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment